[R-SIG-Finance] fix yahooKeystats

J Toll jctoll at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 21:28:45 CEST 2011

Hi,

I wanted to get some input from the more experienced R users regarding
the yahooKeystats function in the fImport package.  I believe that the
function is currently broken (Version: 2110.79).  It appears that
Yahoo changed their HTML slightly which has caused the function to
break.  Several months ago, I managed to get it working and posted
those changes to this list in case anyone else was interested.

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-finance/2011q1/007250.html

Since then, I rewrote the yahooKeystats function using the XML
package.  I tried contacting the Rmetrics Core Team to offer up this
working code as a possible alternative but haven't gotten a response.
What should I do?  It seems like it would be a good idea to
fix/replace the current function with something that works.  Or should
I just leave it be and not worry about it.  Thanks.

James