[R-SIG-Finance] Berkowitz Truncated Likelihood Ratio tail Test

alexios ghalanos alexios at 4dscape.com
Sat Jun 18 14:42:07 CEST 2011

Stefan,

I suggest you have a look at Kevin Dowd's paper (“Backtesting Risk
Models within a Standard Normality Framework", and available on his webpage:
http://web.me.com/kevindowd1958/web.me.com_kevindowd1958_Site/Financial_risk_management.html).
Section 3 on the truncated distribution
is quite informative on the 'proper' implementation of the Berkowitz
test to the tail data.

Best,

Alexios