[R-SIG-Finance] Estimate parameters of a Kalman Filter

John C Frain frainj at tcd.ie
Wed Jun 15 10:19:17 CEST 2011

There are two tasks involved.  The first is to set up the loglikelihood and the second is the optimisation.  The first is often more time consuming than the second.  They are well documented in the documentation for the packages listed in the various task views. You may find that the package dlmodeler of interest.  This package is a front end on the packages dlm, KFAS and FKF.  If you wish to do your own programming you would gain from looking at the way that they set up the various system matrices.

Best regards
John

Sent from my iPad