[R-SIG-Finance] Trading Platforms and APIs

Noah Silverman noahsilverman at ucla.edu
Mon May 16 18:48:28 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm looking for some suggestions as to a "good" trading platform/API for both academic research and possibly my own trading.

The Interactive Brokers library for R is really very nice, but they have a rather large minimum account balance that I can't really meet as a student.  (They do have a "student level" rate, but I'm over the age limit, even though I'm 100% a full time student.)

So, does anyone in the group have any suggestions for an alternative.  While an R API would be ideal, I'm willing to work in C++, Java, or something else reasonable.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

--
Noah Silverman
UCLA Department of Statistics