[R-SIG-Finance] is there a function that will compute a cumulative return times series

algotr8der algotr8der at gmail.com
Fri May 13 17:54:33 CEST 2011

Hello,

Do any of you know whether there exists a function that I can use to produce
a cumulative return time series of an xts object (stock price). I have
created my own code to do this but I was wondering if there already exists a
function that does what I want as I would like the resulting object to
remain as a XTS object so I can plot various studies on the same chart.

I have attached an image of a chart that shows the cumulative return time
series of an ETF and its components.

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3520559/Screen_shot_2011-05-13_at_11.31.53_AM.png
Screen_shot_2011-05-13_at_11.31.53_AM.png

I looked through the 'TTR' package and found very useful functions that
compute running/window SDs, Means, Cov etc...    but was wondering if there
is something similar for cumulative returns.