[R-SIG-Finance] quantmod/Rmetrics-timeSeries and RQuantLib/Rmetrics-fOptions ?

msalese massimo.salese at gmail.com
Fri May 6 09:51:32 CEST 2011

Thanks for very deep advice.
Well I think that for first I'll stay with RMetrics for two reason:

first: I'm not a pro like You so my analysis  is based on one day sampling
time series and daily range.
This mean that even if xts is fastest, for my work timeSeries/Rmetrics
should be enough !

second: RMetrics organize a lot of events (like seminaries and lectures) in
Switzerland and Austria not so far from Milan where I live.

You got me, I saw the "R Cookbook" in book shop and I'm planning to buy it
with RMetrics/eBooks this Saturday.

I'm just working on R and reading help on RMetrics library now  so when the
lectures on statistics.com will start for me will be like a repetition
(repetita juvant !).

Thanks very much
Massimo