[R-SIG-Finance] R/Finance 2011

BBands bbands at gmail.com
Mon May 2 20:03:32 CEST 2011

Wow! Great conference. Superb in every way. Congrats to the committee!

Some of the highlights for me were:

Meeting Stephano Iacus and learning of his MOdist function for cluster analysis.

Meeting Louis Kates and listening to his talk on prototype programming.

Meeting Paul Teetor, author to"R Cookbook" and listening to his talk
on better hedge ratios.

Meeting Bryan Lewis who shares a passion for pu-erh, a kind of Chinese tea.

A long conversation I had with a New York spread trader who had some
interesting ideas about the math of Bollinger Bands.

Meeting Doug Martin, founder of S-Plus and now an R convert!

Long evenings at Haymarket and Jacks chatting with a wide range of people.

In short, this was a well organized conference that was everything an
R/Finance conference ought to be. I'd like to thank Dirk Eddelbuettel
for introducing me to the group, Jeff Ryan for being relentless in
convincing me to attend and Ralph Vince for convincing me that Jeff
was right.

See you next year,

    John
--
John Bollinger, CFA, CMT
www.BollingerBands.com

If you advance far enough, you arrive at the beginning.