[R-SIG-Finance] Computation on xts

Robert A'gata rhelpacc at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 05:26:38 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have the following time series in xts

> getSymbols("SBUX");
[1] "SBUX"
Warning message:
In download.file(paste(yahoo.URL, "s=", Symbols.name, "&a=", from.m,  :
  downloaded length 53650 != reported length 200

Then I tried to compute something row-wise. In my below example, I
simple compute daily notional using close price. I want to add the
result back as a new column in my existing time series. But it doesn't
seem to work. I'm not sure if I have missed anything. Thank you.

>SBUX[,"TurnOver"] <- SBUX[,"SBUX.Close"]*SBUX[,"SBUX.Volume"]
Error in NextMethod(.Generic) : subscript out of bounds

Cheers,

Robert