[R-SIG-Finance] cointegration using Johansen for VAR

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr. Bernhard_Pfaff at fra.invesco.com
Tue Apr 26 15:58:27 CEST 2011

Dear Algotrader,

it is encountered quite often that IC will lead to different lag-specifications. In your case, I would opt for the SC or the HQ, i.e. a more parsimonuous specification and the values reported for the AIC and FPE look suspiciously high. Next, a VECM can be specified in different flavors and here you have used its long-run form. See ?ca.jo for a description and the arguments.

Best,
Bernhard

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message,
and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. It is intended solely for the person(s) or entity to
which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is