[R-SIG-Finance] xts metadata

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 23:28:56 CEST 2011

Hi Pete,

I short, zoo and xts don't support column based attributes, though it has been discussed at least a few times that I am aware of.

My advice would be to "overload" the colnames with some sort of internally designed naming convention - much as quantmod does with AAPL.Open etc.

In terms of potential for col attributes to be built-in -- it is possible, but not probable at this point is my guess. Given that the above naming scheme will work, it hasn't caused too much trouble in the past, and getting it to be consistent/logical across all of the ops and expectations, I would sooner leave it alone to concentrate on more pressing needs.

HTH
Jeff