[R-SIG-Finance] RBloomberg and Bloomberg API 3.4.1.3

Matteo Fornasier matteo.fornasier at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 20:12:49 CET 2011

Hi all,
I've the following problem:

> bl = blpConnect(iface="Java")
R version 2.12.1 (2010-12-16)
rJava Version 0.8-8
RBloomberg Version 0.4-145
Java environment initialized successfully.
Looking for most recent blpapi3.jar file...
Error in .jnew("org/findata/blpwrapper/Connection", java.log.level) :
java.io.IOException: Couldn't get lock for %h/org.findata.blpwrapper.%g.log
Calls: blpConnect ... eval -> eval -> blpConnect.Java -> .jnew -> .External

I don't understand how's possible. Any idea?

Many thanks in advance,

Matteo