[R-SIG-Finance] R Package for Backtesing VaR Estimates

johnmwamba johnmu at uj.ac.za
Sat Mar 12 14:37:14 CET 2011

Hi everybody'
I have VaR estimates computed with different methodologies using
PerformanceAnalytics package. I divided my sample space into two - the
in-sample and the out-sample. I now want to backtest my VaR estimates in the
out-sample space; using for example the number of exceedances (i.e. truely
observed losses that are greater than the VaR estimates in that out-sample
space). Is there any package I can use?
Thank you very much for helping