[R-SIG-Finance] Inhomogeneous Time Series Operator

Jeffrey Ryan jeffrey.ryan at lemnica.com
Thu Feb 10 18:19:35 CET 2011

A few years back I wrote an iEMA.kernel  function in R to attempt to
get the inhomgenous stuff into R.  Josh (TTR) and I discussed adding
it in, and had chatted with Eric Zivot about it (2009??)  -- since, if
I recall, he authored the original S+ version.

My issue was a lack of data to compare output.  I think I was trying
to use the limited output from Eric's book and the user manual - and
that wasn't really the best way to go.

If someone has the interest to test output from R functions against
the known output from S+Finmetrics or some other software
implementation, I'd could likely dig up the code I wrote.

I'd likely aim to add this into TTR or some offshoot package.  There
are some other issues that may make this a non-starter, but anyone
interested can certainly contact me.

Best,
Jeff