[R-SIG-Finance] R in batch mode - RBloomberg

Matteo Fornasier matteo.fornasier at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 17:40:39 CET 2011

Hi,
thanks for the reply. I updated the version of R and install the package.
If I test the script via command line here's the output:

> library(RBloomberg)
> con = blpConnect()
R version 2.12.1 (2010-12-16)
rJava Version 0.8-8
RBloomberg Version 0.4-146
Java environment initialized successfully.
Looking for most recent blpapi3.jar file...
Adding C:\blp\API\APIv3\JavaAPI\v3.4.1.3\lib\blpapi3.jar to Java classpath
Error in .jnew("org/findata/blpwrapper/Connection", java.log.level) :
org.findata.blpwrapper.WrapperException: Session not started. See
logs. Please report this to blpwrapper maintainer.

If I test the script via PHP, here's the output:
> bl = blpConnect()

R version 2.12.1 (2010-12-16)

rJava Version 0.8-8

RBloomberg Version 0.4-146
Java environment initialized successfully.
Looking for most recent blpapi3.jar file...
Adding C:\blp\API\APIv3\JavaAPI\v3.4.1.3\lib\blpapi3.jar to Java classpath
Error in .jnew("org/findata/blpwrapper/Connection", java.log.level) :
java.io.IOException: Couldn't get lock for
%h/org.findata.blpwrapper.%g.log
Calls: blpConnect ... eval -> eval -> blpConnect.Java -> .jnew -> .External
Execution halted

Now I try to understand why happeneds these error. Have you or any
others any idea.
Many thanks and best regards,

Matteo