[R-SIG-Finance] Free Stock Quotes - Yahoo Finance & Adjusted Closing Prices

Guy Green guygreen at netvigator.com
Wed Feb 2 01:21:00 CET 2011

The short answer is that Yahoo sometimes has mistakes, including the issue of
splits/bonus issues being improperly reflected.  You will on occasions see
the same thing with every data provider, including the best known paid
providers.  As far as I know, the Yahoo price data is not their own - I
think they get it from a wholesale data provider.

I would suggest that you contact Yahoo.  They will fix it if you explain the
error - it might take a couple of days.  Use their "
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/finance/dataissues.html Yahoo! Finance Data
Inaccuracy Form "

Guy