[R-SIG-Finance] [R] Problems plotting the efficient frontier with fPortfolio

Lui ## lui.r.project at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 25 17:16:59 CET 2011

Hello Felipe,

again, I am not a great expert with fPortfolio, but I think the
problem lies in your Dataset (not the numbers themselves, but the
structure of the dataset - eg. colnames, rownames,...) Did you try
building the efficient portfolio with a sample set of data that works
(e.g. with the sample data provided in the fPortfolio package)? I
would use print(Data[1:10,1:10]) to check what the data looks like in
both cases and then see whether the problem lies there. I would also
suggest just using parts of your data (maybe there are some missing
rows,... in between that cause trouble) - you can then locate the
problem more efficient.
Good luck!

Lui