[R-SIG-Finance] Copula and Multivariate distribution

Samuel Le Samuel.Le at srlglobal.com
Thu Jan 20 15:45:39 CET 2011

Hello,

The copula function will give you random numbers that are marginally following a uniform distribution on [0,1]. Then you need to apply to those numbers the inverse of the cumulative distribution you think that mimic the best your data.
For example, if you want to simulate n reduced centred normal distribution using a non Gaussian copula -i.e each variable follows a normal distribution of mean 0 and variance 1 but their joint distribution isn't the Gaussian copula but something else (it can be Clayton, Gumbel, etc.)- you need to apply to each random variable the function R qnorm.

HTH,

Samuel