[R-SIG-Finance] blotter package

Ledon, Alain - Eqty NY alain.ledonwong at baml.com
Tue Jan 18 18:59:30 CET 2011

Hi Javier,

If you can't install it directly from R-Forge (from inside R):

> install.packages("blotter", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

You can try to install everything from source. Here is what I did in XP.

1) Install R-Tools from here http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/

2) Download latest source version of xts from R-Forge
https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=118

3) Download latest source version of blotter, FinancilInstrument and
quantstrat from R-Forge https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=316

4) From the command line, go to the directory where you downloaded the
previous packages:

> R CMD INSTALL xts_0.7-6.13.tar.gz

> R CMD INSTALL FinancialInstrument_0.4.tar.gz

> R CMD INSTALL blotter_0.7.4.2.tar.gz

> R CMD INSTALL quantstrat_0.3.2.tar.gz

Regards

Alain