[R-SIG-Finance] quantmod for futures

Jeffrey Ryan jeffrey.ryan at lemnica.com
Tue Jan 11 16:30:50 CET 2011

getSymbols needs a backend for the data you are getting, the ones
shipped in quantmod are just examples of what you can do (though
useful in their own right)

Futures data, as well as other EOD style data, can also be had from
CSI: http://www.csidata.com/ or EODdata: http://www.eoddata.com/

They seem reasonably clean and very reasonably priced.  Both are
simple .csv files, and I think both have APIs available depending on
your subscription. I've subscribed to the latter, not the former.

CSI even has a package on R-forge that could be of use, though haven't
used myself.

https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/rcsi/

HTH
Jeff