[R-SIG-Finance] Strategy performance summary report

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Fri Dec 31 00:17:52 CET 2010

On 12/29/2010 11:08 AM, Brian G. Peterson wrote:
> Attached please find the prototype of the function that will make it
> into blotter for trade stats (just as soon as I write the
> documentation).  Comments and additions always appreciated.

The tradeStats function  is in blotter in SVN r512.  It is only
partially documented, but should suffice for now.  Thanks to Josh
Ulrich, Klemen Koselj, and Mark Knecht for additions to the stats
calculated by the function and bugfixes. Specific contributions are in
the documentation.

Because I feel that any statistic calculable strictly from transaction
P&L without reference to any proprietary strategy rules is likely
non-proprietary, I will continue to welcome suggestions, resuests, and
(better yet) additions or patches to add additional statistics to the
summary information provided by blotter.

Regards,

   - Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson