[R-SIG-Finance] package 'blotter' is not available (OS X, R 2.12.1 32 bit)

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Tue Dec 28 01:11:32 CET 2010

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 22:13:55 +0100, christophe00 at gmx.ch wrote:
> Hi
>
> can anybody help me with this error (R version 2.12.1 (2010-12-16)
> Platform: i386-apple-darwin9.8.0/i386 (32-bit):
>
>> install.packages("blotter", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
> Installing package(s) into '/Users/Christoph/.R/library'
> (as 'lib' is unspecified)
> Warning message:
> In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
>   package 'blotter' is not available

You could have found this out yourself, but it looks like R-Forge's Mac
build environment doesn't seem to install other R-Forge packages.

https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=316&log=build_mac&pkg=blotter&flavor=patched

complains that FinancialInstrument isn't available, even though that same
build environment builds FinancialInstrument without issue.  You might try
a support request to R-Forge itself, and see if they can adress the issue
in the Mac build environment.

Alternately, I believe that you can install .tar.gz files to R on the Mac
manually, but you'd have to look up how to do that, as I don't use a Mac.

Regards,

  - Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson