[R-SIG-Finance] error message from portfolioFrontier function

alex.rudnev at gmail.com alex.rudnev at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 20:33:20 CET 2010

I had several variations of the same problem and I have data set and code to reproduce it on R2.11 (REvolution 4.0). It happened on R2.12 as well, but on different data sets, and I never got the it captured due to lack of time.
It boils down to problem in Fortran code that is part of solve.QP, which in turn is called from .rquadprog. And the optimization problem is almost certainly solvable for that data set / constraints...

Error from the solver can be better handled in Rmetrics code, but it seems that root of it is in quadprog code. Should I send it to maintainers of both packages just in case (I guess I'll do it anyway), or simply post it here?

Regards,
Alex

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T