[R-SIG-Finance] Possible bug in blotter

Wolfgang Wu wobwu22 at yahoo.de
Wed Dec 22 15:06:27 CET 2010

I don't fully understand the code but the following patch fixes the problem for
me.

 tmpPL$Con.Mult.1 <- na.locf(tmpPL$Con.Mult.1)
 tmpPL$Con.Mult.1 <- ifelse(is.na(tmpPL$Con.Mult) & !is.na(tmpPL$Con.Mult.1) ,
tmpPL$Con.Mult.1, tmpPL$Con.Mult)
 tmpPL$Con.Mult <- na.locf(tmpPL$Con.Mult)
+tmpPL$Con.Mult <- na.locf(tmpPL$Con.Mult, fromLast=TRUE)
 tmpPL$Con.Mult <- ifelse(is.na(tmpPL$Con.Mult) ,1, tmpPL$Con.Mult)

There might be a more elegant solution however as I think it might be this bit
of code quickly assumes that the multiplier is 1 when is.na == true

 tmpPL$Con.Mult <- ifelse(is.na(tmpPL$Con.Mult) ,1, tmpPL$Con.Mult)

 Wolfgang Wu