[R-SIG-Finance] can't find blotter

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 23:11:18 CET 2010

Hi Stephen,

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Stephen Choularton
<stephen at organicfoodmarkets.com.au> wrote:
> Thanks, but when I tried:
>

>> install.packages("blotter", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
>

> from that page I got:
>
> Warning in install.packages("blotter", repos =
> "http://R-Forge.R-project.org") :
> argument 'lib' is missing: using
> 'C:\Users\Stephen\Documents/R/win-library/2.11'
> Warning: unable to access index for repository
> http://R-Forge.R-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.11
> Warning message:
> In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
> package ‘blotter’ is not available
>
> Stephen Choularton Ph.D., FIoD

Notice "2.11" in the error.  R-forge does not create Windows builds
for anything other than the current major release of R (i.e. 2.12.x).
So you need to upgrade your R installation or build blotter from
source.

Best,
--
Joshua Ulrich  |  FOSS Trading: www.fosstrading.com