[R-SIG-Finance] Expost prediction for ARMA or GARCH

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Sun Dec 19 13:28:15 CET 2010

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 04:15:28 -0800 (PST), "Arun.stat"
<arun.kumar.saha at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps following thread will be of your benefit:
>
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Forecasting-GARCH-td930240.html#a930243

Arun,

This is precisely the thread I was talking about in my reply.  Thank You.

I did not check after that thread to see if Alexios added the
functionality to the rgarch package or not, but it looks like he did, from
this quote on the rgarch website:

"Forecast (from spec or fit), Simulation (from fit or spec)"
http://rgarch.r-forge.r-project.org/

To the OP's question, this would be forcast from specification.

Regards,

  - Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson