[R-SIG-Finance] CRSP and R

Alan Lue alan.lue at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 17:41:35 CET 2010

I haven't experience any problems using CRSP with R.  If you're using
WRDS to get CRSP data, you might use the following output settings:

• Output format: tab-delimited text (*.txt)
• Date format: YYMMDDs10. (e.g. 1984/07/25)

Then use read.delim() with the 'colClasses' argument set to "Date" for
the date column, and R should load the dates correctly.

Alan Lue

--
Alan Lue
Master of Financial Engineering