[R-SIG-Finance] blotter package

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Tue Nov 23 14:22:55 CET 2010

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 03:31:32 -0800 (PST), burcy <dupuy.dangeac at free.fr>
wrote:
> my wish is to use the two packages blotter+xts together (of course) ,
but
> as I understand ,you are working on .
> last xts version(0.7-6.11) is not available for Windows ,and I am unable
> do that myself ;I need only an old version of Blotter(7.?) which could
be
> used with xts( 0.7-5),the last release compatible with windows (7)
>
> Is it possible ?

You have a few options:

1> download the latest Windows build of xts from R-Forge:
https://r-forge.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/latest/xts_0.7-6.11.zip
then you should be able to install blotter. Not clear why/if you didn't
try this already? (reproducible examples and all that...)
This lists "PAGE NOT FOUND", and the build log indicates that the cygwin
environment on the windows build host might be broken.
So this option might be retitled: wait till the Windows build environment
for R-Forge is working again.

2> download Rtools and compile the packages from source yourself
http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/
This is probably the best option overall, as it makes you independently
capable of building Windows R packages, especially when combined with a
Windows SVN client like TortoiseSVN.

other kind soul on this list might build xts, quantmod,
FinancialInstrument, and blotter for you as binary Windows packages.  I
won't have time until next week, at the earliest.  I personally only have
64 bit Windows build environment available.

Regards,

   - Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson