[R-SIG-Finance] Calculating returns on negative time series

Johnson, Cedrick W. cedrick at cedrickjohnson.com
Wed Oct 27 18:51:26 CEST 2010

I'll look into the materials at the post in more detail shortly, much
appreciated.

On the series, I could either be long or short. Meaning:

"long" at -117, if it jumps to -122 i've lost -5. Conversely, "short"
-117 and it jumps to -122 +5.

I hope I explained it well, as I said i'll check the link and do some
more digging.

regards,