[R-SIG-Finance] R & factset?

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Tue Oct 26 15:34:14 CEST 2010

On 10/26/2010 08:25 AM, julien cuisinier wrote:
> Has anyone ever heard of the possibility to download Factset Data directly into a R object? without using Factset-Excel API in between?
>
> Googling around, I could only find 1 unanswered post from 2003 regarding this topic...
>
> Any help - suggestion - pointer greatly appreciated, hope I am not missing something really obvious...

I haven't looked recently, but when I checked a couple of years ago,
FactSet didn't release a market data API, only the integration for MS
Office.

You should probably contact your Factset sales or support representative
and ask them for API documentation, if such exists.  If you can get at a
DLL or other library, linking that to R should be possible, and possibly
even straightforward.

Please keep the list apprised of your findings to help others as they
look for similar solutions.

Regards,

   - Brian

--