[R-SIG-Finance] finding symbols

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Mon Oct 11 10:45:31 CEST 2010

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 13:11:10 +1100, Stephen Choularton
<stephen at organicfoodmarkets.com.au> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  I wonder if anyone can point me to a good reference for the symbols I
> often require to get financial data.� I seem to run into trouble finding
> the right suffices (for the exchanges) as well as the prefixes.�
>
>  Any help much appreciated.
>  --
>  Stephen Choularton Ph.D., FIoD

Typically, the exchange is the 'source of record' for the
instrument/contract/symbol information.

Alternately, your data provider, as that's one of the reasons you pay
them. (Yahoo and Google not counting here, use their search facilities).

Cheers,

   - Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson