[R-SIG-Finance] How to remove NA from an xts object (NAs appear in the index )

Gandhi, Puneet - RSCH AMRS p.gandhi at baml.com
Sun Sep 26 17:57:14 CEST 2010

Did you try na.exclude ?
--------------------------
Sent using BlackBerry

----- Original Message -----
From: r-sig-finance-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch <r-sig-finance-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch>
To: r-sig-finance at stat.math.ethz.ch <r-sig-finance at stat.math.ethz.ch>
Sent: Sun Sep 26 10:52:02 2010
Subject: [R-SIG-Finance] How to remove NA from an xts object (NAs appear in	the index )

Dear all,
I've downloaded the following exchange rate data from FRED

library(quantmod)
getSymbols("DEXBZUS",src="FRED")

And it happens that there are a couple of NA's, not in the data, but in the
index(DEXBZUS).
Using na.omit() does not exclude these data points from the time series.
I could obviously exclude this points by searching the index() of the
series, but I was wondering if xts already has some functionality that could
handle these cases.
Thanks
Paulo

--