[R-SIG-Finance] IB contract specification for VIX index: load fails

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 19:18:23 CEST 2010

Actually, this isn't an IB issue, it is actually your construction of
the contract. (though historical is still not possible AFAICT)

Note the first argument is the contract ID (conId)

?twsContract

twsContract              package:IBrokers              R Documentation

Create a twsContract

     Create, test, and coerce a twsContract for use in API calls.

Usage:

     twsContract(conId,
                 symbol,
                 sectype,
                 exch,
                 primary,
                 expiry,
                 strike,

You were passing in the connection object.  I'll try and add some
validity checks if I can...

Jeff