[R-SIG-Finance] Rquantlib vs Bloomberg

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Sep 2 17:57:58 CEST 2010

On 2 September 2010 at 11:12, Gandhi, Puneet - RSCH AMRS wrote:
|  Dirk,
| I love the presentations on your site. I am an R newbie so I apologize
| for any stupid questions.

We were all newbies at some point.  So no need to apologise for questions.
But you may notice that well-formed questions tend to get better answers.
There is a posting guide for r-help which applies here too.  Reproducible
examples are always good.

| I saw RQuantLibGUI at the end of one of your presentations where you had
| a snapshot of the screens. I was curious how to use it.

The corresponding package in on R-Forge as part of the RQuantLib repository.
The examples shown in the two talks should still work, and be useful for your
own modifications.

Remember: this is R, so it is about turning users into programmers. We try to
give you tools, not spoon-feed you.  There always some work you should be
expected to do yourself.

| Apologies again for any stupid questions I asked.

See above.

Dirk