[R-SIG-Finance] Calculating Hasbrouck's information share and Gonzalo-Granger weights on R

Eric Zivot ezivot at u.washington.edu
Tue Aug 31 01:14:11 CEST 2010

This is why the information share may not be a useful statistic. If you have
substantial residual correlation then the information share bounds will be
wide. The whole idea behind the information share is that it is supposed to
capture "who moves first" and is a informative statistic only when there is
a clear sequential market with uncorrelated residuals. My work with Bingchen
Yan also shows that the information share is not free of transitory effects
and should be interpreted with caution.