[R-SIG-Finance] PerformanceAnalytics: functions don't work afterupdating the package

Gandhi, Puneet - RSCH AMRS p.gandhi at baml.com
Mon Aug 30 13:07:29 CEST 2010

Alex,
You have multiple options

1) Your previous installation is still working, you can keep using that
2) In your new installation of R, you don't need to update to latest
version of performance analytics - Just copy the performance analytics
folder from R 2.10 library folder to 2.11 library. This should resolve
your problems for term paper. I prefer to use this method for all
packages and then do packageStatus() and update.packages() . This asks
which packages to update and I avoid packages critical to my code until
I understand what changes have been made.

3) Figure out new version issue- I am unaware of these changes, so I
will let someone else respond to that.

Hope this helps.
Puneet