[R-SIG-Finance] Seasonal plot of daily data

SNV Krishna krishna at primps.com.sg
Tue Aug 3 08:42:52 CEST 2010

Hi Gabor,

many thanks for the solution and it worked.

I tried a lot in getting appropriate function to extract year or month from
the date, but could not. Your suggestion of using cut() is great, and I have
not come across this function. Later I saw on help file, but its usage to
extract year from date was not mentioned. By the way can you mention any
other function that are useful in extracting year or month or week number or
day?

also can you tell what is 'seq_along'?

thanks and best wishes

SNVK