[R-SIG-Finance] addLines in Quantmod

Marc Delvaux mdelvaux at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 20:13:45 CEST 2010

Adding color is easy, addLines() use col like lines() itself, so you
can change the code like this

> plotBrackets <- function () {
>        require(quantmod)
>        getSymbols('AAPL')
>        chartSeries(AAPL["2009::"],theme='white',
> TA='addLines(h=c(82,103,135), col=c("red","blue","green"))' )
> }

but adding legends is more difficult and exceed my quantmod knowledge
at this time.  I did try to use text() but without success.  Obviously
quantmod itself inserts text at the top in the graph area, so this
must be possible.