[R-SIG-Finance] Problem when installing IBrokers from code.google.com

me at censix.com me at censix.com
Mon Jun 14 20:44:29 CEST 2010

Hi all

I just downloaded IBrokers from http://code.google.com/p/ibrokers  using
svn and have tried to install it by first creating a file called
"IBrokers_fromsvn.tar.gz" and then doing the usual installation from R
commandline:

> install.packages("~/sorencompile/IBrokers_fromsvn.tar.gz")
Warning in install.packages("~/sorencompile/IBrokers_fromsvn.tar.gz") :
  argument 'lib' is missing: using
'/home/leaf/R/i686-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.11'
inferring 'repos = NULL' from the file name
* installing *source* package ‘IBrokers’ ...
** R
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices ...
** testing if installed package can be loaded
IBrokers version 0.2-7: (alpha)
Implementing API Version 9.62

This software comes with NO WARRANTY.  Not intended for production use!
See ?IBrokers for details
Error in namespaceExport(ns, exports) :
  undefined exports: twsFutureOpt, twsFOP
ERROR: loading failed
* removing ‘/home/leaf/R/i686-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.11/IBrokers’
Warning message:
In install.packages("~/sorencompile/IBrokers_fromsvn.tar.gz") :
  installation of package
'/home/leaf/sorencompile/IBrokers_fromsvn.tar.gz' had non-zero exit
status

Q: Is this installation failing because I am missing some essential
dependencies (unlikely but possible) or is it in the way I created the
package file ? Or should I be using a different source repository for
getting the latest IBrokers package alltogether ?

Thanks for some hints.

Soren