[R-SIG-Finance] ta-lib & quantlib libraries for R

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed May 26 13:35:53 CEST 2010

On 26 May 2010 at 06:17, Jeff Ryan wrote:
| There is no ta-lib in R, but there is a great TA package called TTR:

And I'd argue that TA-lib with its fixed-width array is a poor match anyway.

| http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/TTR/index.html
|
| And quantlib is indeed wrapped for R, or at least parts of:
|
| http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/rquantlib.html
| http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RQuantLib/index.html

Yup. Thanks for the links!

There is also a 'experimental' export of all of QuantLib to R using Swig, but
it isn't to the best of my knowledge all that actively maintained (Hi, Joe!).
It is also unwieldy as it exports all hidden and visible symbols -- last time
I tried there were more than 15,000 in the package namespave.

And if the OP couldn't find the answer to his initial questions, I suppose he
doesn't have the Google Juice (TM pending) to get that going either.  But
just in case, a somewhat recent thread is at

	http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.finance.quantlib.user/6544

It would be nice if someone gave Joe a hand with this, but it requires strong
C++ and S4 and Swig/Python skills which is not exactly common.

Dirk

| HTH
| Jeff
|

| On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:12 AM, <balakrishnan.ilango at thomsonreuters.com>wrote:
|
| > Hi,
| >
| > I have been searching for ta-lib and quantlib libraries for R. I
| > couldn't find it. Can you help me with the source?
| >

| > Thanks,
| >

| > Balakrishnan Ilango
| >
| > Sales Manager - Investment & Advisory
| >
| > South Asia
| >

| > Thomson Reuters
| >
| > 4th Floor, Nicholas Piramal Tower 'B' Wing
| >
| > Peninsula Corporate Park
| >
| > Ganpatrao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel
| >
| > Mumbai - 400001, India
| >
| > Tel: +91 22 6636 7328
| >
| > Mobile: +91 90046 51997
| >
| > Email: balakrishnan.ilango at thomsonreuters.com
| > <mailto:balakrishnan.ilango at thomsonreuters.com>
| >
| > web: www.thomsonreuters.com <http://www.thomsonreuters.com/>
| >

| >        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

| > -- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
| > -- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions
| > should go.
| >

| --
| Jeffrey Ryan
| jeffrey.ryan at insightalgo.com
|
| ia: insight algorithmics
| www.insightalgo.com
|
| 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

| -- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
| -- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions should go.

--
  Regards, Dirk