[R-SIG-Finance] fGarch, garchFit - how to set the initial variance?

Valentin Dimitrov vsdimitrov at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 18:10:28 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I am trying to use the garchFit function like for instance below:

gf<-garchFit(formula=~aparch(1,1),data=y_export,include.delta=FALSE,cond.dist="sstd",trace=FALSE)

I suppose the initial variance is somehow set according to the sample variance of my time series.

My question is: Can I set that initial variance myself?

Is there maybe a garchFit() argument which sets this initial variance?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,
Valentin Dimitrov