[R-SIG-Finance] Cointegration, more than one structural break

mat matthieu.stigler at gmail.com
Mon May 3 20:52:13 CEST 2010

karla hernandez villafuerte a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> I have taken your recomendation and I am trying to apply the
> methodology suggested by Kejriwal and Perron in the paper "Testing for
> Multiple Structural Changes in Cointegrated Regression Models". I
> think that if I use the "strucchange" package and the function
> "breakpoints", I will get the break points and dates with the same
> methodology described in the paper.
true. So the good news for this paper is that all the estimation part is
already available thanks to the strucchange pkg

> In order to prove if the number of breaks found by the "breakpoint"
> function is significant I want to apply the sup-Wald test. I am not
> sure if a normal supWald test is correct of if I need to implement
> some kind of modifications. In my case all the coefficients are
> allowed to change. I send you the program that I am using.
I feel you will need to look more precisely into the paper:
-KP don't use fluctuation if I remember well, no?
-the test statistic (here wald test) is right, but they use also
modified forms  in case of autocorellation or endogeneity
-the critical values have to be taken from their paper

Hope this helps

Matthieu