[R-SIG-Finance] How to install latest version of quantmod?

Immanuel mane.desk at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 15 21:54:31 CEST 2010

Hello together,

I'm having trouble to install the latest version of quantmod
which is according to:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/quantmod/index.html
Version: 0.3-13

I first tried it this way:

> install.packages("TTR", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
> install.packages("xts", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
> install.packages("quantmod", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

but I got an not resolved error from "Default" or something.

Then I managed to install quantmod with

install.packages("quantmod")

this work but I only got Version:   0.3-8    which
is very outdated

now I thought
> install.packages("quantmod", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

would finally give me the newest version, it seemed to install fine
but somehow I have still only the old version! (according to
help(quantmod)  )

I already did quite some research on my own, but found so solution so far.
Also I have to say that I'm quite new to quantmod as well as to R in
general...

Any help is very much appreciated

Mane