[R-SIG-Finance] rbloomberg error when requesting data

Piotr Chmielowski piotr.chmielowski at reechaim.com
Thu Apr 15 15:11:06 CEST 2010

Ana,

The error is not easily reproducible, albeit persistent, and the diagnostics are, as you rightly notice, sparse.

It is my "guess" that it is probably caused by the transient states of the API. I would definitely *not* call this error a "bug" in the RBloomberg package for which all users I am sure are as grateful as I am.

I was remotely hoping that somebody has come across and discovered a workaround. I still harbour this hope...

Thanks for the suggestions on the log files - there are no error messages in the bbcomm.log.* files unfortunately.

I guess the rest of the discussion would take us away from the main subject of this forum.

Will try the java version - it is on the "to do" list :(

Piotr

Piotr Chmielowski
Chief Operating Officer/Group Risk Manager

Kingsley House, Wimpole Street, London, W1G 0RE, United Kingdom
http://www.reechaim.com/

 DDI: +44 20 7399 3662

 Switchboard: +44 20 7399 3650

 Fax: +44 20 7399 3698

 Mobile: +44 7825 711 957

Email: piotr.chmielowski at reechaim.com
http://www.reechaim.com/

Reech AiM Partners LLP, Registered Office: 42-44 Portman Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG30 1EA. Registered in England and Wales No. OC321436. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
Reech CBRE Alternative Real Estate LLP, Registered Office: 42-44 Portman Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG30 1EA. Registered in England and Wales No. OC322313. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited except by formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the integrity of this message.  We shall not therefore be liable for the message if modified.