[R-SIG-Finance] Looking for a fast convergence methodology

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 18:58:30 CET 2010

Yes,

Nothing at all to do with finance. The reason we emphasize "finance"
on the finance list is two-fold:

1) to remove noise that is not *unique* to finance and
2) to encourage general questions to go to a general audience that
will likely be better able to assist in possibly more creative ways.

To highlight the latter:

?optim

I am sure you will get a better reply to your general optimization
question than that on R-help.

HTH
Jeff