[R-SIG-Finance] Problem with ugarchroll

alexios alexios at 4dscape.com
Sat Mar 13 21:55:58 CET 2010

Hi Owe,

I have tracked down the bug, which only affects the fGARCH model, and
will upload to r-forge soon (should be available to download in the next
cycle of checks/builds on r-forge). In the meantime, you can should use
this equivalent specification:

gjr.spec = ugarchspec(variance.model = list(model = "gjrGARCH",
garchOrder = c(2,2)),mean.model list(armaOrder=c(1,1)))

There is no reason to use the fGARCH spec for models which are
already implemented seperately (i.e. the gjr and aparch models)
since it is more highly parametrized (being an omnibus model) and
there will be a little more overhead in estimation.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Alexios Ghalanos