[R-SIG-Finance] getting nseindia time series values

Sean O'Riordain sean.oriordain at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 15:03:05 CET 2010

if you read
?read.csv
you'll see that it is part of the utils library which is one of the
core libraries installed with R.  As I and others have said already -
this is an issue with the URL that you are passing, NOT with R.

To demonstrate this,

TryRunningThisAlternativeURL <-
read.csv('http://www.nwoods.com/act/trials/Export%20Sales%20Info-demo.csv')

then say
head(TryRunningThisAlternativeURL)

The CSV file on nseindia.com is dynamically generated - you need to
figure out what triggers this dynamic generation and what prevents it
- hint... it's not R... R has done *exactly* as you asked it

Sean