[R-SIG-Finance] Downloading Real Time Data from FRED (fImport/fredSeries)

Research risk2009 at ath.forthnet.gr
Fri Jan 8 12:29:33 CET 2010

Hi,

I was looking at the API for ALFRED:

    http://api.stlouisfed.org/docs/fred/realtime_period.html
    http://api.stlouisfed.org/docs/fred/series_release.html

ALFRED is like FRED but provides us with real-time data, i.e., data for
macroeconomic variables as they were originaly announced (released) and
not the revised (finalised) data which FRED contains. These are useful
for real-time econometric applications.

I was wondering, how can one use the existing routines/packages that
access FRED, to access ALFRED.

 From what I have checked so far,  the mnemonics appear to be the same
on FRED and ALFRED for the same series (say PAYMES for non-farm payrolls).

Thanks in advance,
Costas_//_