[R-SIG-Finance] Brazilian Equities

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 17:36:24 CET 2010

Ralph,

I found 25 of the 30 symbols on Yahoo Finance by appending ".SA" to
the end of each ticker.  You can find the Yahoo exchange suffixes
here: http://finance.yahoo.com/exchanges.  The remaining 5 do not seem
to have historical data on Yahoo, but I didn't check all of them.

To get 25, I had to change the "yahoo.URL" object in
quantmod::getSymbols.yahoo.  You can do this via the
fixInNamespace(getSymbols.yahoo,"quantmod") command.

I changed it from
yahoo.URL <- "http://chart.yahoo.com/table.csv?"
yahoo.URL <- "http://ichart.yahoo.com/table.csv?"

HTH,