[R-SIG-Finance] what should I be reading?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:27:09 CEST 2009

You might want to start with the infrastructure packages.

There are about 30 packages that depend on or can use zoo or its
finance-oriented extension, xts, so you might want to read up on zoo
and then xts since it will give you a window into a much larger set of
packages.  There are three vignettes (pdf documents) in zoo which
should get you going quickly.  Also reading R News 4/1 for info on
date/times is useful.  After that you can review the help files and
the many examples in the help files.