[R-SIG-Finance] timeSeries:: bizarre rbind behavior with colnames

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 17:59:07 CEST 2009

Nicolas,

I don't think this is a list question per se, as you should really
contact the maintainer.

While I'll agree the design is odd, if you're insisting on using
timeSeries, and you find a problem, it would be more useful to all if
you proposed a patch.

Complaints/demands for explanations/etc aren't productive, and
effectively show no consideration for the time and effort that
_contributors_ make to R.

If you're looking for a better time-series solution than a matrix as
an interim representation, I would suggest xts.  Or zoo...

Jeff